A701 Road closures – update
Resurfacing works on the A701
Update 10th December:
As you are aware SBC are currently carrying out patching works on the A701 between Tweedsmuir and Tweedhopefoot as part of this year’s Strategic Timber Transport Funded works.
I can confirm that the current closure will finish on Friday 13th December 2019.
However, due to recent weather conditions the Contractor is slightly behind programme and will need to close this section of road again in the New Year to complete the patching works.
The closure will run from Tuesday 7th to Friday 17th January 2020 on weekdays, between the hours of 9am and 5pm daily.
As with the current closure local access will be maintained during the works.
Click here to view a map of the affected area (PDF file will open in a new browser window)
The works will be carried out between Tweedhopefoot and Tweedsmuir, and will involve road closures.
• At Tweedsmuir the A701 will be closed around 150m south of the house “Riverview”, but north of the T-junction with the road joining the A701 from Tweedsmuir village (see micro-map).
• Work will start on Monday 18th of November and end on Friday 13th December (inclusive).
• The road will be closed between 09:00 and 17:00 hrs daily except for weekends and the Public Holiday on Monday 2nd December.
• Scottish Borders Council have advised that “local access and deliveries will be maintained… short delays should be expected”
• Tweedsmuir Community Council has obtained written confirmation that access will be granted and provided contact names and details if local residents experience problems.
Grant Brotherston ( S.B.C. Works/Traffic Management Supervisor) 07824-529287
Scott Learmonth (SBC HQ) 01835 825587 Scott.firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE KEEP THESE CONTACT DETAILS TO HAND IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY
Click to view ‘A701 Roadworks – micromap’ (link will open in a new browser window)